When you just found out you’re pregnant, you probably allready have a lot of ideas in your head about names, baby clothes and the cutest nursery. Especially women allready know exactly what they want. A baby wants other things then a nice colour on the wall, he wants safety and comfort. We put together a list of important things to keep in mind when decorating the nursery.
– When you plan on painting the walls or the crib or other furniture, keep in mind that some paint can be dangerous. Always ask for paint with harmless ingredients and be sure you ventilate the baby room more than enough. It’s even better to ask your partner or anyone else to paint the room to be sure you and your baby aren’t at risk. Start painting on time so there is more than enough time to get rid of the paint smell.
– Choose basic colours, no heavy prints. It can make your baby restless. When he’s a little bit older, you can easily add colour accents and more heavy prints. This way you don’t need new decoration every once in a while and the decoration fits the age of your kid. When you have a lot of small things to decorate the baby room with, use a shelf to keep it together.
– Don’t place the crib to close to the heating or in the burning sun. Because your baby won’t be able to control his body temperature in the beginning, he can easily get to warm. And you don’t want the risk of your baby burning his hand to the heating.
– Watch out for electricity cables and other wires he can reach.
– Be cautious with windows. They shouldn’t be opened very easily and it’s not safe to put furniture underneath it because your kid can crawl on it when he’s a little bit older.
– Think carefully about the best place for your furniture. When you’re changing the diaper of the baby, you should easily reach the onesies or a hooded towel, without leaving him alone.
– It’s nice to have a good chair to sit in when you feed or sooth your baby at night. Especially with a Snoozzz nursing pillow of course!
And enjoy all the preparations! Collect pictures of beautiful nurseries and make a moodboard. You’ll enjoy the results even more!